Convenient, powerful and compact MacBook is the best friend and assistant at work, on a business trip, traveling or just in leisure activities. However, during the active use of the laptop, many often do not think about observing the operating rules, which often plays a cruel joke with the owners. In particular, it is a contact with a liquid.
How does liquid usually get into a MacBook?
- Primary Rescue Procedures
- What cannot be done?
- Service Center Troubleshooting
We all love to drink coffee, tea, beer, wine or just water while playing games, watching movies, surfing the Internet or working at a computer. At the same time, we rarely reflect on the fact that one careless movement is enough for all this liquid to appear on an open laptop, which will very quickly fail after such “water procedures”. Also, in addition to the traditional overturning of cups or glasses, often the cause of corrosion of internal elements, short circuits, swollen batteries and other breakdowns are wet hands that are not wiped off after washing, the laptop gets wet in the rain, and the laptop stays in high humidity (in the bathroom, for example) etc.
Remember, any, even slight contact, MacBook with water or other liquid is dangerous for a laptop! Be extremely careful during coffee and tea parties, and also do not forget to dry your hands before sitting down at the Mac!
MacBook recovery instructions after flooding
If you still flooded your MacBook with water or something else, don’t panic, we’ll tell you what needs to be done to save the laptop and to prevent as much as possible serious consequences from getting moisture before arriving at the service center.
We should not forget that any electronics is not designed for contact with water, and its components (boards, circuits) react very quickly, the count goes on seconds!
So, first of all, you need to calm down, then proceed to resuscitation:
Step 1 . Turn off your Mac as quickly as possible by pressing and holding the power button!
Step 2 . Disconnect it from the network and peripherals (if they are connected)
Step 3 . Take paper towels or towels and wipe the liquid as far as possible. Option No. 2 - we turn the laptop upside down with the keyboard and put it open on a towel on the edge of the table (the keyboard lies on the table, the screen hangs).
Step 4 . If you have a screwdriver at hand, quickly turn the laptop over, unscrew the screws securing the back cover, and remove the battery.
Step 5 . We urgently take the MacBook to a service center or call a courier to the house for professional prevention or troubleshooting.
Note! Some "experts" advise a lot of "effective" methods for solving problems at home! For example, put a drenched MacBook in a container with rice or other cereals, which supposedly “draw out” all the moisture. Trust in such recommendations, say goodbye to a laptop! The only way to save your “expensive” laptop is to follow the instructions described above and contact specialists who will clean your Mac and other necessary events as soon as possible.
What absolutely DO NOT have to do with your Mac after flooding
- Dry on a battery using a hair dryer or fan!
- Disassemble, clean, and wipe the internal components yourself with cotton, cloth!
- Expect that in a day the moisture will disappear somewhere (dry, evaporate)
- Fall asleep with rice, silica gel and other exotic means!
- Turn on the laptop!
Consequences of pouring MacBook with water or other liquid
The consequences can be very diverse - depending on what, in what volume and on which parts of the laptop spilled. Among the most common are:
Keyboard sticking is the lesser evil that can happen to an uploaded MacBook.
- lack of image;
- spontaneous shutdown or reboot of the laptop;
- keyboard malfunctions; problems with the touchpad;
- the appearance on the MacBook screen of streaks, spots, and other artifacts;
- "Bloating" of the battery;
- oxidation of contacts, conductors and other elements;
- contact closure of microcircuits;
- the appearance of noise, hum;
- malfunctions of the cooling system;
- Mac complete failure (not included), etc.
- Repair and cleaning of the MacBook after pouring into the SC “Macbook Repair Dubai” If you accidentally flood or wet your Mac in the rain, don't be discouraged! Use our instructions, and then come to one of the branches of the Macbook Repair Dubai network, which are located within walking distance from Dubai metro stations. Specialists of our service center will quickly disassemble, clean and replace damaged laptop components, after which they will test it and issue a warranty card.